Family Tree Central FAQ’s

How do I start?

Go to the Contact Us page and give us a brief description of your enquiry and we will contact you to arrange a free initial consultation.
This consultation can be done over the telephone, by email, Skype, FaceTime or in person.
The consultation will establish the scope and cost of the research to be conducted.

What do you need from me?

As much information as you already have, whether this is verbal, written or documentation.  This helps to launch the research on a sure-footed start.
Please do not be concerned if you know hardly anything at all about what you want us to research, as Family Tree Central are experts in resolving challenging aspects of your family  history.

I do not live in the UK, is that a problem?

Family Tree Central welcomes enquiries from around the world from anybody that is interested in finding out about their British ancestors.
Just go to our Contact Us page with your enquiry and we will contact you to discuss your exact requirements.

My ancestors were from different parts of the UK; is that going to be a problem?

Not at all.  Family Tree Central offers a UK-wide genealogical research service, capable of examining National & local archive centres and local Records Offices.
We can also visit and photograph your ancestors graves and graveyards; residences; places of birth, marriage & death; places of worship; schools; hospitals and any other relevant location that you discuss with us.